One of the groups most soon-to-be or new moms don’t want to join is AAHSS: the Acne-Afflicted Hormone-Surge Sisterhood. But involuntary membership can land on pregnant and breastfeeding moms just because of the immense amount of hormonal change going on that’s creating blemishes.
This acne-prone time is a normal phase of your body figuring out what it needs under new circumstances, whether it’s the hormonal soup of pregnancy or the magnified hormones of breastfeeding.
Whichever it is, acne usually caused by 5 triggers:
But many skincare products are full of toxins and chemicals to make them appealing—they last forever on store shelves or in your cupboard; they smell great; they smooth on like velvet. The problem is that each quality is caused by toxic chemicals that enter your body and can disrupt your own natural balance, the strength of your skin’s resilience, and lead to more issues as these toxins collect in your tissues and organs…or enter your breastmilk.
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, your skin may shift into greater sensitivity. Harsh chemicals, fragrances, or textures can affect you more than they used to.
In healing, our primary goal is to prevent the unnecessary swelling and infection of acne lesions.
Fortunately, naturally-derived skincare can protect you from the chemical onslaught in many common skincare products. Instead, natural products like BEB Organic skincare work from the outside in to help stabilize skin balance and soothe irritations, eruptions, itching, or dryness.
Have you heard about probiotics?
Probiotics are healthy bacteria that we need in our guts. They’re the latest and greatest in good digestion, for sure, but their benefits go ‘way beyond processing last night’s barbecue ribs or cheesy quesadillas.
Science has discovered a direct link between the microbiome (the combination of our good and bad bacteria) of our guts with our brain, immune system, and skin. Acne is an immune response, an over-reaction to the triggers listed above and a reaction to microbes on the skin.
Your gut microbiome communicates with your skin via the gut-skin axis, which directly influences your skin. That gut-skin connection helps regulate:
- oxidative stress that causes inflammation
- inflammation regulation that causes most disease
- tissue lipid levels that maintain healthy metabolism
- glycemic control that balances blood sugar
- neuropeptide levels that affect mood, pain tolerance, and the body’s homeostasis (balance)
- pathogenic bacteria control that prevents sickness
- mood-regulating neurotransmitters (like serotonin) that make you feel happy
The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) recently promoted probiotics as part of a treatment for acne that also includes managing stress, eating a healthy diet, and increasing healthy gut bacteria.
AAD found that a dose of probiotics applied to the skin prevents the body from creating bumps, redness, or swelling. Probiotics act as antimicrobials that attack bad bacteria, killing them before they can cause inflammation.
BEB Organic Healing Gel is an effective, gentle, and natural treatment for mommy acne.
This specialized emulsion is not just safe, it's effectively formulated with proven organic ingredients to prevent skin problems and quickly heal bothered skin.
BEB Organic Healing Gel is FDA registered and specially formulated with approved ingredients to treat both the symptoms and the underlying conditions that cause acne, helping prevent and quickly heal the condition while also giving you a dose of health-promoting nutrients.
Our world-class team of chemists and botanists source raw plant materials from local farms around the world where each ingredient is carefully grown, harvested and processed to maintain the absolute highest, most luxurious organic quality.
- Arnica grown in the Swiss alps to reduce swelling and pain
- Cypress from California to help speed healing
- Elderberry foraged in Ireland and full of toxin-fighting anthocyanins
- Myrrh from Somalia to heal damaged skin
- Microbiota (sodium hyaluronate) to support skin hydration to keep skin soft and supple and promote wound healing
- Probiotics to manage inflammation and support long-term skin resilience
The finest rose distillate, rose hip, and rose flower petal oils are combined with nutrient-rich organic ingredients like arnica, yarrow, and calendula. This unique combo creates a robust vitamin-mineral concentrate that enhances the probiotic flora (healthy bacteria) on your skin.
BEB Organic skincare contains probiotics and nutrients that soothe skin, relieve stress, and increase gut health, from the outside in.
With daily use, BEB Organic Healing Gel helps to naturally
- clear excess hormones from the skin
- balance skin pH
- provide a nutrient-rich and plentifully-moisturized skin surface for maximum health and recovery
- accelerates healing
- soothes irritation
- prevents infection
- diminishes redness
- reduces inflammation
- moisturizes without blocking pores
Many MDs and RNs now recommend a healing protocol of applying gel twice a day to prevent acne and accelerate recovery. Our pure-health skincare helps any skin type, including very dry or very oily skin.
Try our BEB Organic skincare system
- First cleanse with a natural cleanser (our Bubbly Wash works for moms, too, in the gentlest of ways!) and apply Healing Gel wherever needed.
- Finish by applying Silky Cream or Nourishing Oil over the entire body.
- For extra moisturizing care after every bath and twice-daily treatments, apply Silky Cream first then Nourishing Oil as a finishing layer of nutrient-rich, luxuriously effective protection.
If you have to still use aggressive acne-care products, you (or your teenager) can also use Healing Gel in combination with them. Layer it over any acne treatment for extra care and skin-calming protection.
Isn’t it nice to have a deliciously soothing way to nurture yourself as you get stronger, grow your baby, or heal from birth and its many after-effects?